Sri Lanka Serial Explosion

Recently, a lot of things has happened in the world.

On April 21, eight consecutive serial explosions occurred in the Sri Lankan capital Colombo and other places, resulting in 290 deaths and more than 500 injuries. After the tragedy, the Sri Lankan government’s forensic analyst said on the 22nd that the bombing in the country was carried out by seven suicide bombers.

According to the Associated Press reported on April 22, a forensic analyst named Ariyananda Welianga said on the same day that according to the autopsy results of the attackers found at the scene of the bombing, they were suicide bombers. Welianga said most of the attacks were carried out by an attacker, including two attacks at the Shangri-La Hotel, Colombo.

Sri Lankan police spokesman Ruwan Gunasekera said on the same day that this was the deadliest violent incident since the end of the civil war in Sri Lanka 10 years ago, killing at least 290 people and injuring more than 500 people. While increasing the intensity of pursuing criminal suspects, the police will also cooperate with intelligence agencies to investigate.

At the same time, Guna Sekera mentioned that the Sri Lankan police investigating the bombings are reviewing the report, which reported that the intelligence agencies had received warnings of “possible attacks”.

The ministers of the two Sri Lankan governments also mentioned the issue of intelligence. Sri Lanka’s Minister of Telecommunications and Digital Infrastructure, Harlem Fernando, wrote on Twitter, “We must take serious steps to explain why this warning was ignored.” He said that his father had previously heard that an attack might occur and warned him not to enter a church with a large flow of people.

Sri Lanka’s Minister of National Integration, Mano Garnishan, also said that the Ministry’s security officials had been reminded that two suicide bombers might target politicians.

According to reports, eight consecutive serial explosions in Sri Lanka, including the capital Colombo, have killed at least 290 people and injured more than 500 people. The victims included two Chinese, and four students from the South China Sea Institute of Oceanology of the Chinese Academy of Sciences were injured.