Indonesian Police: Allegiance To IS People Involved In Jakarta Riots

BEIJING, May 24, according to Singapore's "Lianhe Zaobao" report, a few days ago, Indonesian police said that people loyal to the extremist organization "Islamic State" (IS) participated in the riots in the capital of Jakarta two days ago, in order to launch a terrorist attack . Jakarta has returned to calm on the 23rd, but the authorities deployed more military police to the city to prevent the riots from recurring.

The Indonesian Election Commission announced the official vote count of the presidential election on the morning of the 21st. The current president, Zoco, won by 55.5%. The opponent of the Indonesian Grand Movement Party, Prabowo, insisted that the election was fraudulent and refused to accept it.

Then, thousands of supporters in Prabowo flocked to the Election Supervisory Board building in the center of Jakarta, and the Election Commission headquarters was in the building. The demonstration was originally peaceful, but a group of people suddenly came at about 11 o'clock in the evening. They attempted to cross the police cordon to elect the Supervisory Bureau building. They also attacked the police with stones, fireworks and petrol bombs. The police fired tear gas. The turmoil continued on the 22nd, with 6 deaths and at least 347 injuries in two days.

Indonesian National Police spokesman Dedi said earlier on the 23rd that the last group of demonstrators left at 7 am that morning. He revealed: "We have detained more than 300 suspects and are currently interrogating them."

After the police held a press conference, another spokesman, Mohammed, said that the arrested people identified at least two members of the Islamic Reform Movement (Garis). He said: "They are preparing to implement the "jihad" on May 21 and 22. According to Indonesian media, the organization has sent members to fight for IS.

It is reported that after the election of the Indonesian military police, 32,000 people were deployed in Jakarta, and increased to 50,000 on the 22nd. After the accident, it increased to nearly 60,000.