character of glassbeads
Hollow glass microspheres are hollow glass spheres of small size and are inorganic non-metallic materials. The typical particle size range is 10-180 microns, and the bulk density is 0.1-0.25 g/cm3. It has the advantages of light weight, low thermal conductivity, sound insulation, high dispersion, electrical insulation and thermal stability. It is a kind developed in 2008. A new lightweight material with a wide range of applications and excellent performance. · The color is pure white. Can be widely used in any product that requires color appearance.
· Light weight and bulk. The density of hollow glass microspheres is about one tenth of the density of conventional filler particles. After filling, the basis weight of the product can be greatly reduced, and the production resin can be replaced and saved, and the product cost can be reduced.
· Organically modified (lipophilic) surface. Hollow glass beads are easy to wet and disperse and can be filled in most thermosetting thermoplastic resins such as polyester, epoxy, polyurethane and the like.
· High dispersion and good fluidity. Since the hollow glass microspheres are minute spheres, the liquid resin has better fluidity than the sheet-like, needle-like or irregular-shaped fillers, so that the filling property is excellent. More importantly, the small microbeads are isotropic, so there is no disadvantage that the shrinkage rate of the different parts is inconsistent due to the orientation, and the dimensional stability of the product is ensured without warping.
· Insulation, sound insulation, insulation, and low water absorption. The interior of the hollow glass microspheres is a thin gas, so it has the characteristics of sound insulation and heat insulation, and is an excellent filler for various insulation and sound insulation products. The insulating properties of the hollow glass microspheres can also be used to protect the product from thermal shocks caused by alternating changes between hot and quench conditions. The higher specific resistance and the extremely low water absorption make it widely used in the production of cable insulation.
· Low oil absorption rate. The particles of the sphere determine the minimum specific surface area and low oil absorption rate, and the amount of the resin can be greatly reduced during use. Even in the case of high addition amount, the viscosity does not increase much, and the production operation conditions are greatly improved. Increase production efficiency by 10% to 20%.